The website www.outspot.co.uk (hereinafter: the “Website”) is presented by:
Confinity NV (hereinafter “Outspot”, “We” and “Us”)
Telephone: +32 2 880 87 55
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any privacy-related queries. We promise we will respond as soon as possible!
- Why is this privacy declaration here?
Every person that uses this Website (hereinafter the “User”), makes certain personal data available. This personal data constitutes information that allows us to identify you as a natural person, irrespective of whether we actually do so. You are identifiable as soon as it becomes possible to establish a direct or indirect connection between one or more details and you as a natural person.
We use and process your personal data in accordance with the Law on the protection of privacy and other relevant legislation. Every reference in this Privacy Declaration to the ‘ Law on the protection of privacy’ is a reference to the Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data. Every reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR). Outspot reserves the right to amend this Privacy Declaration at any time. The User shall be clearly informed of every substantial amendment.
- Who processes the personal data?
Outspot is the controller and determines, alone or together with other parties, what personal data is to be collected as well as the purpose and the tools for the processing of this personal data.
Outspot is free to use data processors. A data processor is a natural person or legal entity that processes personal data at the request of and in the name of the controller. The processor is obliged to guarantee the safety and confidentiality of the personal data. The processor always acts in accordance with the instructions of the controller.
Outspot employs the following category of processors:
- Companies that we have engaged for hosting
- Companies that we have engaged for shipping (logistical partners)
- Companies that we have engaged for payments
- On what legal basis is my data processed?
Pursuant to the Law on the protection of privacy and the Regulation, we process personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- On the basis of the performance of the contract as agreed to with the User, or in order to take pre-contractual steps at the request of the User; or
- On the basis of complying with statutory provisions with respect to the management of a contractual relation, in particular with respect to invoicing;
- On the basis of our legitimate interest in respect of sending information and newsletters to our customers;
- On the basis of your express consent to having promotional offers sent (direct marketing).
- What personal data is processed?
Outspot undertakes to only collect and process that personal data that is relevant and necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The following categories of personal data are processed:
- Personal identification data (name, given name, address);
- Contact details (telephone number and email address);
- Financial identification details (banking details: we only store the necessary data and always in a GDPR-compliant manner);
- Electronic identification data (IP address, location, cookies);
- Personal data (gender, age, date of birth, nationality);
- Other data: click behaviour by the User.
This data is collected when you register on the Website and/or place an order. Data can also be provided to external partners, subject to your consent. Other personal data can be collected at a later stage, such as within the scope of after-sales. The quantity of collected data is dependent on your use of the Website and the functions of the Website.
- For what purposes is my personal data processed?
Outspot collects your personal data in order to give every User of our platform a secure, optimal and personal user-experience. The collection of personal data is extended as the User makes increased use of the platform and our online service. Outspot reserves the right to suspend or cancel certain processing acts if data is missing, incorrect or incomplete.
Data processing is essential to the working of the platform and the associated services. Processing is performed solely for the following specified purposes:
- Customer management: customer administration, order management, deliveries, invoicing, checking creditworthiness, support, customer security and sending the newsletters.
- Managing disputes.
- Protecting against fraud and violations.
- Personalised marketing and advertising if you have expressly consented thereto. In that event you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Optimisation of our communications, including our newsletters, by means of analysing click behaviour.
The User shall always provide his/her own personal data, and in that manner can exercise a certain degree of control. Where given data is incomplete or apparently incorrect, Outspot reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend certain processing actions.
- Who receives your personal data?
Your personal data is processed exclusively for internal use at Outspot. Your personal data will not be sold, transmitted or communicated to third parties, except if you provide us your explicit consent to do so in advance.
- How long do you keep my personal data?
Your personal data is stored for as long as required in respect of pursuing the purposes set out in article 5.
It shall be deleted from the databank when it is no longer required for pursuing these purposes or if the User legitimately exercises his/her right to have the personal data deleted.
- What are your rights?
8.1 Guarantee of the lawful and secure processing of your personal data
Your personal data is always processed for legitimate purposes, as set out in article 5.
It is collected and processed in an appropriate, relevant and proportional manner, and is not stored for longer than necessary for achieving the set-out purposes.
8.2 Right of access
If you are able to demonstrate your identity, you have the right to acquire information on the processing of your personal data. You accordingly have the right to gain access to the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the category of recipients of the personal data, the criteria that determine the period for which the data is stored and the rights that you can exercise with respect to your data.
8.3 Right to rectification of your personal data
Inaccurate or incomplete information can be corrected. It is primarily the User’s responsibility to introduce the necessary changes to his/her “User profile”. You can also approach us to request that your personal data be amended.
8.4 Right to the erasure of your personal data
You also have the right to have your personal data deleted in the following cases:
- Your personal data is no longer required for the set-out purpose;
- You revoke your consent to have your data processed and there is no other legal basis for processing your personal data;
- You have submitted an objection in a valid manner against the processing of your personal data;
- Your data is processed in an unlawful manner;
- Your data must be deleted on the grounds of a statutory obligation.
The deletion of your data is primarily related to visibility; the deleted data could still remain temporarily stored.
8.5 Right to restrict processing
In some cases you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted. This holds in the event of a dispute on the accuracy of your data, where the data is required within the context of legal proceedings or for that period that Outspot requires to determine that you can validly exercise your right to have the data deleted.
8.6 Right to object
You have the right to object at all times to the processing of your personal data for ‘direct marketing’ purposes, profiling purposes or purposes that result from the legitimate interests of the controller. Outspot shall cease to process your personal data unless Outspot is able to demonstrate that there are compelling legal grounds for processing your personal data that prevail over your right to object thereto.
8.7 Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain your personal data, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit your personal data to another controller, unless such is impossible on technical grounds.
8.8 Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, such as the consent you provided for direct marketing purposes.
- How can you exercise your rights?
Should you wish to exercise your rights, you are required to send your request in writing together with proof of your identity by registered letter to Outspot to the address at the top of this document or by email to email@example.com. We shall respond as soon as possible, and no later than within one (1) month of receipt of your request.
- Options for submitting a complaint
If you do not consent to the processing of your personal data by Outspot, you have the right to submit a complaint to the competent supervisory authority (in Belgium: https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/).